More than one-half of pediatric patients who are given cisplatin for cancer will develop some form of hearing loss following treatment.
At the 49th Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology held in Washington D.C., October 12-15,, Penelope Brock, MD, of Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, UK, presented the final results of the SIOPEL 6 study, showing that the addition of sodium thiosulfate to a cisplatin-based regimen for treating children with hepatoblastoma significantly reduced the percentage of patients who experienced hearing loss.
In the cisplatin alone group, 30 of 45 patients showed signs of hearing loss in comparison to only 20 of 54 patients in the cisplatin plus sodium thiosulfate group.
Overall survival was similar in both groups and the additional of thiosulfate was well-tolerated.
Brock P, Maibach R, Childs M, et al. Sodium thiosulfate (STS) as otoprotectant to reduce the incidence of cisplatin-induced hearing loss: final results of the SIOPEL 6 trial for standard risk hepatoblastoma (SR-HB). Presented at: 49th Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology; Washington D.C.; October 12-15, 2017. LBS01.
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://ecotown-phumy.com/cong-nghe/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Hướng dẫn chọn CPU AMD theo card đồ họa và kinh phí cho game thủ
- Hướng dẫn download và dùng phần mềm dự toán G8 full Crack miễn phí
- Tìm hiểu về một số máy tìm kiếm phổ biến được nhiều người chọn dùng
- [VUI SỐNG MỖI NGÀY] Bí quyết sống khỏe từ việc ăn uống
- Song Ji Hyo Khiến K-net Bấn Loạn Vì Trẻ Xinh Tựa Như Nữ Thần