Here is why your indie platformer game stinks and how to make a good platformer instead!
It all comes down to making good 2D jump and run controls! In this short tutorial I show you 5 game design tricks that make your platformer feel a lot better!
Almost every successful platformer game out there uses these tricks, so every indie game developer should know about them. It’ll make your game a lot better!
Whether you make your jump and run game in Unity or a different game engine like Game Maker, Godot or Construct 2 doesn’t matter. You will still be able to apply this game design knowledge there.
This is not a coding tutorial. This is simply a short tutorial on how to make really good platformer controls that your players will love!
Making a great platformer is certainly difficult and there’s a lot more to it than just the movement of the character. Level design is hugely important as well.
Nevertheless, the movement is still what makes or breaks your jump and run game in the grand scheme of things.
I’ve seen these gamedev mistakes so often by now. I had to make a video about it, so we’ll hopefully have more quality indie platformers from now on!
What was your favorite takeaway from this little platformer design tutorial? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Hope your game succeeds.
Join Our Discord:
Music by GoodPixelSounds:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Hướng dẫn cách download game SWAT 4 việt hóa miễn phí
- Hé lộ game fps offline gay cấn nhất dành cho các game thủ năm 2020
- Christmas Crush Holiday Swapper Candy Match 3 Game | Christmas Games | Santa Claus gameplay
- Plants vs. Zombies – Real Life Sticker Album! COMPLETE!
- Princess elsa dancing with the prince in the castle | games elsa for kids